Pages

Friday, May 21, 2021

If I Were a

 Hi lately in Te Ngahere we have been doing something called, If I Were. our WALT or what we are learning to do was to use words from the text and what we already know to come to a conclusion about what the author is describing. What we had to do for this was guess what a poem was talking about using our knowledge and what the poem says.For example  the poem would say If I were a, I would range over farms, plains,houses, cities and seas then we would have to write what we think the poem is describing. What I found hard was finding out what it was because in the poem it says black billowing skirts and I didn’t know what that meant. What I found easy was after I found out what it was I found it easy to explain why.


Have you done something like this before?

Here's my If I were Link


8 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mikaire, It’s Mark in Te Ngahere. I really like your blog about “If I were” because the title of it caught my eye even though I was doing the same thing. I also found it hard on the part where it says range over because I didn't understand what it meant.

    If you did something similar to this would you find it easier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Mikaire It’s me Boston from Te Ngahere. I enjoyed your post about that poem because the poem was detailed but was hard to find out what it was. This post reminds me of when I went to Hamilton because Hamilton reminds me of a city and the view was beautiful . What I think you could have done better for this blog post was explained what billowing means.

    Did you like doing this task?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mikaire My name is Manaaki and I like your blog post about if I were. I like it because the whole class did it and that it was really hard and difficult because I didn’t really understand it. What you wrote was really good and you expand the writing really well and you had a good example for your writing.
    What was the hardest part for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Mikaire, my name is Jayden and I’m from your class. I like your blog post about if I were. I like it because the whole class did it and that it was really hard and difficult because I didn’t really understand it. I also found it hard on the part where it says range over because I didn't understand what it meant.

    Was it fun doing If I were?

    ReplyDelete