Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Beach clean up

In Te Ngahere we went down to the  beach clean-up. We had to walk down to the beach and get into groups of three  or four. Once we got into groups we went around the beach and picked up all of the rubbish.  My group and I found a dead crab. We also found tons of glass. We found glass that wasn’t sharp anymore. I found more rubbish in between rocks or in the bush then I did on the real beach. I enjoyed this because we got to find things that was dumped into places. I learnt that people are lazy sometimes and chuck their rubbish in the rocks or just throw it on the beach. People are till drinking on the beach even though there is a liquor ban. The empty alcohol bottles are evidence of this. The most common rubbish was glass and plastic which is bad because the rubbish can go into the sea and kill our sea life. We need to find a solution to this problem so we don’t kill all the fish. Do you guys have any ideas? 

Blogger out

No comments:

Post a Comment